Saturday, January 9, 2010

8 Amazing Celebrity Comebacks Coming At You In 2010 | The Frisky

8 Amazing Celebrity Comebacks Coming At You In 2010 | The Frisky Kate Torgovnick

2009 was a big year for celebrity comebacks, with Mickey Rourke, Whitney Houston, Britney Spears, and Courteney Cox steppin’ back into the proverbial spotlight. But something tells me that 2010 is going to be even better. One comeback that has me extremely giddy: Mayim Bialik, aka “Blossom,” aka the girl who inspired me to wear hats and sew my very own tie skirt. Mayim disappeared off the pop culture radar screen for a while, and headed to UCLA to get a Ph.D. in neuroscience and start a family—she now has two children. Last year, she miraculously reappeared on an episode of “What Not To Wear.” And now, she’s making a run for a full-fledged comeback, with guest-starring spots on “The Secret Life of the American Teenager” and “Til Death.” Mayim said, “I am trying to see if the industry would like to see me as an adult actress and not as a teenager ... When I do personal appearances at colleges, I have to sort of backtrack and say, ‘In case you didn’t know, I was on after ‘The Fresh Prince’ for five years.’” [NY Post]

Oh, but that is just the beginning. Really. Here other soon-to-be comebacks that we’re very excited about.

  1. Jaleel White. Did somebody say “cheese”? You probably know Jaleel as Steve Urkel—or Stefan, if you watched “Family Matters” in later seasons. We’re very excited that he is back, starring in a new web series called “Road to the Altar.” The concept: Jaleel and his Jewish fiancĂ©e make their wedding into a reality show to fund their honeymoon. Let’s hope there’s a polka scene at the wedding, for Urkel’s sake. [Access Hollywood]
  2. Tiffany. If you were anywhere near a mall in the mid ‘80s, you were no doubt a big fan of Tiffany, who made me want red hair and a jean jacket, big time. Now that she’s 37, Tiffany is ready for a second act—she says she wants to record a country album this year. “I’ve had success after 20 years, and my fans have really been supportive of my new music, but my heart is in country music,” she says. “It’s a new pursuit for me, and I have some songs under my belt.” [The Boot]
  3. Julie Andrews. The hills are alive, with the sound of Juuuuu-lie. She hasn’t been on stage in 30 years, but the original Mary Poppins is set for a comeback concert in May at the 02 Arena in London. [Reuters]
  4. Pavement. In the ‘90s, there was one CD I played to the point where it was scratched beyond recognition—Pavement’s “Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain.” No one was sadder when the band disbanded in 1999. Luckily, 2010 is their reunion year. Not only is Pavement playing Coachella in April and New York’s SummerStage in September, but tickets sold out in 10 minutes, a year in advance. And the band is also curating the ATP festival in the U.K. [Taragana]
  5. Pepa and Chili. These gorgeous, kick-butt ladies are both thirds of uber-successful female musical groups. Pepa talked about sex in Salt-N-Pepa, and Chili chased waterfalls and rejected scrubs with TLC. Now VH1 is giving each of them a reality series about their lives as single women. Spicy! Sorry, I couldn’t resist that pun. [VH1]
  6. Little Richard. His hair might be intact, but his hip is not. Last month, Little Richard checked into the hospital for surgery on it. But on his way, he promised to be “rocking like the old days” soon with a comeback concert. [BBC]
  7. Tiffani Thiessen. For years, Tiffani (Amber) Thiessen was better known as the sweet-as-pie volleyball player/cheerleader Kelly Kapowski on “Saved by the Bell.” She gave herself a second act in the ‘90s when she joined the cast of “Beverly Hills, 90210” for the college years and stirred up serious trouble. Now she’s coming back again, with a role on the USA series “White Collar,” which is actually supposed to be pretty good. Go Bayside! [Right Celebrity]
My Response: I wish them success and good year. File this under the Washed Up Celebrities Blogspot. I am following that.........

No comments:

Post a Comment